86th Legislative Session Agenda
The Texas Catholic Conference advocates on behalf of the Roman Catholic Bishops of Texas for policies and programs that support the life and dignity of every human person from conception through natural death.
Our Legislative Agenda (below) and positions on current bills (right) are the result of a rigorous process of reflection and consultation.
Human life is intrinsically valuable and should be protected by law from fertilization to natural death. Moreover, the family is the sanctuary of life in which parents teach children how they ought to live. Therefore, the TCCB opposes direct threats to innocent human life, from fertilization to natural death, and seeks to promote strong, stable, and healthy families. Specifically, the TCCB:
- opposes abortion and euthanasia;
- supports the elimination of all funding for abortion providers;
- supports increased funding to abortion alternatives for expectant mothers;
- supports the elimination of wrongful birth lawsuits;
- support proposals that recognize the sacredness, fidelity, and permanency of marriage;
- supports an improved foster care system which respects subsidiarity through a community-based model; and
- supports increased recruitment, formation, and support of foster, adoptive, and biological parents.